If you are using the Sun Java Plug-in for your browser's Java Runtime, and have not already done so, please do the following steps to allow applets
with 64MB of memory requirements to run properly:
These steps will allow your browser that uses the Plugin to run Java to use up to 256MB of memory.
You can change the number 256 to a different value if needed -- this should be less than the total
amount of memory your machine has. You may need to do this every time you update the Java Plugin, as well.
- Shutdown (exit) your browser(s).
- Then run the "Java(TM) Plugin Control Panel"
- On a Mac: Use "Finder" to get to: Applications -> Utilities -> Java and then, run the Java Plugin 1.4.x Setup or
whatever version you have.
- On a Windows machine, Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Java Plug-in
- On Linux, locate the shell script ControlPanel in the Java install's bin/ directory and run it.
The control panel looks something like this,
- Click on the Java tab, the under the "Java Runtime Parameters" section, click on the View button.
- Please type the following (exactly as shown):
Then click apply button, as shown in the image below.